Correct Care at Ravenhall will be delivering primary healthcare services in a purpose built, state of the art facility, supporting a range of clinical services delivered by a multidisciplinary team
The Ravenhall Prison Project
Ravenhall Prison is a new medium-security men’s prison currently being built in Melbourne’s
west and is due for completion in late 2017. Ravenhall will deliver a modern facility that will play
a significant role in the Victorian corrections system. The prison will enhance community safety
by securely and humanely containing prisoners and providing programs and services designed to
reduce reoffending. The new prison will initially accommodate 1,000 prisoners with built capacity
for 1,300 prisoners should this be required in the future. The prison location and proximity to
Melbourne city centre will provide ready access for staff, visitors and family.
The new prison is being delivered as a Partnerships Victoria public private partnership, which will
see the prison designed, built, operated and maintained by the GEO Consortium. The major
GEO Consortium members are GEO Group (prison operator and equity investor), John Holland
(builder), Honeywell (facilities management), Capella Capital (financial adviser), with a range of
Alliance Partners providing health and other services.
Correct Care (formerly GEO Care) has been contracted to provide primary health services in the
new facility. Forensicare will provide forensic mental health services at the prison. Key alliance
partners, including Kangan Institute, YMCA, The Western Suburbs Indigenous Gathering Place
Association and Melbourne City Mission, will deliver programs and services both in custody and
Service delivery will focus on:
- Prisoners with a mental illness
- Prisoners with challenging behaviours
- Younger prisoners
- Indigenous prisoners
- Prisoners serving shorter sentences
- Providing pre and post release services and
- Reducing recidivism
The new prison will include a mix of low-rise accommodation, administration, programs, health
and mental health facilities, industries and recreation buildings surrounded by a solid perimeter
The facility will also house:
- Accommodation for mainstream and protection prisoners
- 10 subacute medical beds
- 10 inpatient primary healthcare beds
- 75 inpatient forensic mental health beds
- 25-bed ‘Close Supervision Unit’ for a small but highly complex group of prisoners with particularly challenging behaviours
- 25-bed unit that can be adapted to cater for prisoners with particular needs, initially providing a residential drug treatment program for younger prisoners.
Correct Care Australasia is now getting ready to start recruiting for employees to work with us in the primary healthcare medical centre.
We have a variety of roles available including:
- General Registered Nurses
- Mental Health Nurses
- OSTP/AOD Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
- Medical Officers
- Clinical Co-coordinators
- Administration Manager and Support Officers
- Dentists and Dental Assistants
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technicians
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Health Promotion Nurse
- Aboriginal Health Worker
There are a range of full time, part time and causal positions available across weekday, weekend and night shifts.
Correct Care Australasia Services at Ravenhall
Correct Care will be delivering primary healthcare services in a purpose built, state of the art facility, supporting a range of clinical services delivered by a multidisciplinary team, including:
- Primary Medical and Nursing Services (general and mental health)
- Healthcare for patients in the subacute medical beds
- Dental and Allied Health Services
- Radiology & Pathology referrals
- Medication management, including pharmacotherapy
- Health promotion, chronic disease management and immunisation and screening The Ravenhall prison will provide a uniquely integrated model of care.
Correct Care is working closely with all alliance partners, to ensure that primary health is provided in coordination with other services and programs to ensure the best outcomes for patients during incarceration and upon release.
How Do You Apply
If you have a passion for working in the healthcare industry, if you want to start working in the correctional environment or continue your career in correctional healthcare, if you love working in a unique environment, if you want to make a difference, and if you want to work in a multidisciplinary team that shares your dedication to healthcare without judgement, then we want to hear from you.
Who Are We Looking For
More details on current vacancies at Correct Care can be found on the Current Vacancies page of our website.
A copy of the position description may be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
To apply for a position with us, send your resume and covering letter (including letting us know what position you are apply for) to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format.
PLEASE NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.